Trust & Estate Litigation
Based in Houston, Texas, the attorneys at Fisher, Boyd, Johnson & Huguenard, LLP frequently represent clients in trust and estate litigation. Our firm has handled many complex and high profile disputes, including the litigation surrounding the estate of Howard Hughes.
Recognizing the Legal & Emotional Complexity of Trust & Estate Litigation
Our firm understands that trust and estate litigation may be particularly contentious and emotionally charged, especially because many of these disputes involve family members and significant amounts of money. Often, the grief suffered over the recent loss of a loved one exacerbates any existing tension among interested parties, which may give rise to intra-family conflict, misdirected anger, and ultimately, a lawsuit.
Given the potential complexity of family dynamics and legal procedure, a dispute may arise in probate for a variety of reasons, including:
- Disputes over the construction or validity of an estate planning document
- Dissatisfaction with the decedent's estate plan
- Disinheritance of an heir
- Second marriage scenarios in which a decedent's children are at odds with a stepparent
- Contested conservatorship proceedings
- Disputes over accounting in conservatorship proceedings
- Allegations of fraud, coercion, or undue influence
- Disagreements between beneficiaries of a trust or estate and a fiduciary
- Disagreements over who should act as fiduciary
- Concerns over potential conflicts of interest
Our attorneys are sensitive to the distinct and overlapping concerns of beneficiaries, fiduciaries, and third parties who may have an interest in an estate. Combining and in-depth knowledge of trust and estate law with decades of experience in litigation procedure and strategies, we always work to serve the best interests of our clients.
Success in Litigation
Trust and estate litigation demands highly skilled counsel that appreciates and understands the intricate legal and financial issues involved in these cases, and moreover, is able to favorably present such complex issues during litigation proceedings. The attorneys at Fisher, Boyd, Johnson & Huguenard, LLP have extensive experience in trial preparation, strategy, and jury presentation, enabling us to handle even the most complicated legal, factual, and emotional matters with confidence and discretion.
Seek Experienced, Dedicated Representation
Our attorneys are devoted to providing the highest quality service to our clients, while offering the benefits of a small firm, including personal attention, direct communication, and compassionate support. Please contact Fisher, Boyd, Johnson & Huguenard, LLP for more information about trust and estate litigation matters.