Professional & Medical Malpractice
The Houston law firm of Fisher, Boyd, Johnson & Huguenard, LLP represents clients throughout Texas and across the United States in litigation arising from professional and medical malpractice. With decades of trial experience and an in-depth understanding of courtroom procedures and litigation strategies, we handle even the most complex cases involving multiple parties, numerous expert witnesses, and the presentation of scientific evidence.
A medical malpractice claim is a legal action brought against a doctor, surgeon, hospital, or other healthcare provider for injuries or death caused by negligent treatment or care. Like other professionals, doctors have a duty to provide treatment that meets the standard of care in their community, and when they fail to do so, they may be liable to injured persons or their families. Our attorneys have experience representing clients in medical malpractice claims arising from a wide range of medical mistakes, including:
- Surgical errors
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Leaving foreign objects or instruments in a patient after surgery
- Errors in administering anesthesia
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Improper or inadequate treatment of a medical condition
- Unreasonable delay in treatment
- Failure to fully inform a patient of the risks of treatment
- Prescribing the wrong medication or wrong dose of medication
- Delivery mistakes causing birth trauma
When people are sick or injured, they expect to receive proper diagnoses and competent treatment from knowledgeable and practiced physicians and staff. Unfortunately, doctors and hospitals make unacceptable errors and mistakes that further injure their patients, or even cause death. Our firm understands that such injuries can be especially traumatic because they are caused by the person or facility entrusted with your health.
Licensed professionals, including attorneys, accountants, engineers, and architects, must provide service that meets the accepted standard of care in their industry. A failure to meet that standard of care may give rise to a professional malpractice claim. Successful litigation of malpractice claims requires not only the ability to argue the facts and circumstances of a case convincingly, but also the fortitude to investigate and fully appreciate the technical details of each case. Our attorneys strive for excellence in every matter handled by our firm, ensuring that we diligently prepare for trial and zealously advocate throughout litigation proceedings. Professional malpractice may involve:
- Legal malpractice through incompetence, lack of sufficient attention, conflicts of interest, or other negligence
- Accounting malpractice leading to a financial loss
- Engineering or architectural errors caused by negligence, recklessness, or willful conduct
Seek Experienced, Quality Representation
Our firm is known for its expertise in complex litigation. Please contact Fisher, Boyd, Johnson & Huguenard, LLP for more information about professional and medical malpractice claims.